in Education, Methods in context, Theory and Methods
In this podcast on research methods, we examine the primary research method of self-completion questionnaires. Using examples, the strengths and weaknesses of this method are critically discussed in conjunction with its association with quantitative data and reliability. Ideas of generalisability and representativeness are also included.
1. Listen to the podcast and make notes
2. Explain the terms representativeness and generalisability
3. Differentiate between closed and open questions.
4. What kind of data is typically obtained from self-completion questionnaires?
5. provide three advantages of using self-completion questionnaires in research.