Mr Roy Huggins
Curriculum Leader of Ebacc
I am an experienced Curriculum Leader with significant experience of building and leading successful departments.
My main passion is for creative and challenging teaching and learning that brings out the very best in all students and developing the confidence and experience of my colleagues.
My teaching experience has given me the opportunity to develop interactive teaching strategies that engage students of all abilities. I have a record of success in improving student achievement at all levels and modelling outstanding practice to colleagues both nationally and internationally.
I motivate students and maintain firm and fair discipline. I offer excellent communication skills, flexibility in my approach whilst being organised, reliable and approachable.
• Leadership of whole school initiatives in teaching and learning.
• Leadership, monitoring and evaluation of Curriculum teams
• High quality teaching and learning skills – graded outstanding by OFSTED
• Experience as an excellent classroom practitioner.
• Infectious enthusiasm for subjects and teaching.
• Commitment to raising standards with an unwavering focus on whole school teaching excellence,
• Ability to recognise strengths and weaknesses and reflect and act on these for personal development.
• Excellent personal organisation and willingness to assist colleagues.
• Able to motivate children and set high standards.
• Experience of precise target setting and strategic planning and monitoring student progress.
• Excellent technology skills.