in Education, Methods in context, Theory and Methods
In this podcast on research methods, we examine the primary research method of undertaking laboratory experiments and field experiments. Using examples, the strengths and weaknesses of experiments are critically discussed in terms of their practicality and ethics.
1. Listen to the podcast and make notes
2. Explain why the method of experiment is most closely associated with positivists
3. Differentiate between laboratory experiments and field experiments
4. Give an example of a field experiment
5. Briefly explain the third type of experiment called comparative method