- Listen to the podcast and make notes
- What is an ‘organic analogy?’
- Who are the key thinkers for functionalist views and what are their key concepts?
- What are the problems with this approach to understanding the role of education?
- What is meritocracy?
- Do you believe our education system is meritocratic? Give reasons for you answer.
Functionalist views on the role of educationThis podcast explains the functionalist perspective on the role of education in more detail, considering key thinkers, concepts as well as evaluating the theory, which you will need to be able to do in the exam.