Part 2: Methods - What makes a good research design?
in Education, Methods in context, Theory and Methods
In this first podcast on research methods, we introduce the basic ideas on what makes for a good research design. Within the discussion the key concepts of field work, operationalisation, generalisability, representativeness, validity and reliability are explained.
1. Listen to the podcast and make notes
2. Explain the what operationalisation means
3. What does it mean when research procedures are said to be rigorous?
4. What does it mean when research produce evidence that can be verified
5. Define the terms validity and reliability