Practical issues when undertaking research
in Education, Methods in context, Theory and Methods
In this podcast on research methods, we examine the practical issues associated with undertaking research. The discussion covers the areas of establishing clear aims and objectives, the characteristics of the researcher, avoiding personal bias, funding, gatekeepers and gaining access, danger and what method to use.
1. Listen to the podcast and make notes
2. Why are clear aims and objectives an important feature of good research?
3. What does the phrase ‘going native’ mean when applied to research?
4. How might the source of funding influence the findings of research?
5. Explain the meaning of the term ‘gatekeeper’ in the context of research