Secondary data derived from personal and public documents
in Education, Methods in context, Theory and Methods
In this podcast on research methods, we examine the use of personal, historical and public documents as sources of secondary data. Using examples, the strengths and weaknesses of using these secondary sources of data are critically discussed.
1. Listen to the podcast and make notes
2. Explain the difference between primary and secondary research
3. Explain with examples the difference between personal and public documents
4. Give an example of an electronic personal document
5. Suggest one advantage and one disadvantage of using personal documents.