in Crime and Deviance with Theory and Methods
In this podcast we will examine structural consensus theory by examining its origins in the work of Emile Durkheim in the nineteenth century and its subsequent development in the twentieth century through structural functionalism. Ideas of how it is a macro structural theory will be unpacked.
1. Listen carefully to the podcast and make careful notes of key concepts and any key thinkers.
2. Briefly outline structural consensus theory
3. How does a macro sociological theory view the world?
4. Explain what sociologists mean by structures.
5. What is meant by the organic analogy?