How are demographic changes affecting family life? (I)
in Families, Households and Beliefs in Society
Population changes since 1900 have been remarkable. In this podcast we explore the causes and consequences of birth rates and fertility rates on family roles, size, structure and relationships, as well as the experience of childhood.
1. Listen carefully to the podcast and make careful notes of key concepts and any key thinkers.
2. What are the key trends in birth and death rates?
3. Explain why life expectancy has increased.
4. What effects are demographic changes having on family structures?
5. What is an ageing population?